Sendmail?

Rick Stevens ricks at nerd.com
Mon Oct 13 16:53:18 UTC 2008

Karl Pearson wrote:
> What can I do so email from my server that fails doesn't have
> MAILER_DAEMON at NODOMAIN as the return address.
>
> The problem is these emails get hammered by Spamassassin... I probably missed
> something in setting up this new server because this wasn't an issue on the
> old one. I thought it was something in /etc/mail/sendmail.mc but can't see
> it...
>
> Fedora Core 4 vs Fedora 8
> Sendmail
> Majordomo

The "MAILER-DAEMON" stuff in error messages comes from the "Dn" option
in sendmail.cf.  I can't recall what the .mc thing is called and I don't
have my bat book handy.

The "NODOMAIN" stuff sounds like the domain isn't set for the mailer.
- Grabel's Law: 2 is not equal to 3--not even for large values of 2. -