IMAP Login fails

Karl Pearson karlp at ourldsfamily.com
Mon Sep 15 23:01:28 UTC 2008

I have a couple webmail applications: Squirrelmail and Hastymail (for WAP
browsers, but it has a few bugs, but it's good to have it to test with)

Since provisioning a new server, they won't authenticate. They did at
first, but in fixing things, apparently I broke something. Since I did so
much during the first hours bringing the server up, I have no idea what
could have changed things to the point they are now.

In either one, I enter my user name and password, and they respond, SQM:
You must be logged in to access this page, and HM: Login failed.

I'm suspecting Dovecot or Apache, but can't see anything that might be
causing it. I compare this setup to my previous (old HD mounted in an
external USB housing)

Any thoughts or ideas please?

---
  _/   _/ arl _/_/_/  _/ earson    KarlP at ourldsfamily.com