open ldap configuration on rhel3-u4

Nilesh Joshi nileshnjoshi at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 01:36:55 UTC 2009

Thanks Rick.

I have checked using -w password. The exact command I tried was:

ldapsearch -x -b "ou=people,dc=test,dc=com" -D
"cn=nilesh,ou=people,dc=test,dc=com" -w password '(uid=nilesh)'

Also added:
       access to attrs=userPassword
               by anonymous auth
               by self write
               by * none

However the result was same. I have confirmed that password is password for
now.

I think, I am missing something in configuration. Can I use LDAP without
sasl and if yes, what I need to do?

Thanks and Regards,
-Nilesh