open ldap configuration on rhel3-u4

Nilesh Joshi nileshnjoshi at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 18:40:33 UTC 2009

Hi,

I have done suggested changes in my slapd.com file. Still I see same issue.

When I execute command with -Z option, i see:

[$ ldapsearch -x -b "ou=people,dc=test,dc=com" -D
"cn=nilesh,ou=people,dc=test,dc=com" -Z -w password "uid=nilesh"
ldap_start_tls: Protocol error (2)
        additional info: unsupported extended operation
ldap_bind: Invalid credentials (49)
$

conn=77 fd=10 ACCEPT from IP=127.0.0.1:58823 (IP=0.0.0.0:389)
conn=77 op=0 EXT oid=1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.20037
do_extended: unsupported operation "1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.20037"
conn=77 op=0 RESULT tag=120 err=2 text=unsupported extended operation
conn=77 op=1 BIND dn="cn=nilesh,ou=people,dc=test,dc=com" method=128
conn=77 op=1 RESULT tag=97 err=49 text=
conn=77 fd=10 closed (connection lost

Rick Said=>and again the passwords in the database MUST BE IN CLEARTEXT IF
YOU USE SASL.
How can I verify?

Thanks and Regards,
-Nilesh