Is this spam? (Re: Check out my photos on Facebook)

John Reynolds jreyn at us.ibm.com
Fri May 29 14:22:22 UTC 2009

Offhand, I'd say someone got their address book vacuumed up when they
joined Facebook, and it sent a join-up message to everyone listed.   I've
seen that happen with those 'Invite your friends to join!' buttons on
social network sites.   They don't ask you to list the people you want to
invite, they grab every e-mail address you have and send out the
invitation.  Annoying and sometimes embarrassing.

john r