Install questions

Ron Watkins rwatkins at dssolutions.com
Thu Oct 7 22:59:25 UTC 2010

We have several HP DL580 G5 boxes and want to configure dual-boot between RHEL and Solaris X64.
I currently have Solaris X64 installed, and it has a GRUB boot menu.
How can I install RHEL to use the "existing" GRUB boot loader rather than installinng it's own boot loader
over top of the one already there?
Also, my firs attempt at installing came up with an odd screen resolution for the console port. The resolution
appears to be set during boot-up and I can't find where to change that resolution.
The issue is that the console is being viewed through an ILO (lights-out) web-page with a resolution of
1024x768. However, the boot screen comes up as somthing like 1440x900 or somthing close to that. This makes it
difficult to see the screen contents while booting. Thanks for any advice.
Ron