change init script in intramfs to init process(c function)

ShibuThomas shibuthomas at tataelxsi.co.in
Wed Jan 5 04:53:16 UTC 2011

Hi All,

I' m trying to create int process instead of /int script in
initramfs.Here I need to mount root file system and after that I want to
execute first user space program /sbin/init.my root file system is in
/dev/sda1 partition.

Can anyone help me to know the following:

1) The corresponding c function for mounting RFS with argument.

2) C function for switching  /sbin/init.

     Is this function call run_init_process("/sbin/init")in (init/main.c
in kernel source) will switch procees into /sbin/int.

Regards,
ShibuThomas