How to display custom logo on start up

Hi All,

Is it possible to display custom logo image before showing ReadHat splash screen image?.

The file menu.lst in grub contains "splashimage=(hd0,0)/boot/grub/splash.xpm.gz".I changed the splash.xpm.gz.and reboot the system.
But it was not effective.

The orginal splash.xpm used in RHEL 6.0 is a black background image.But during the bootup time it is displaying "RED HAT LINUX ENTERPRISE" on that black background.How this is working?.

Can anyone help me to know how can I customize the boot up logo display.

Regards,
ShibuThomas