Changing back to "Re:Remove ehci_hcd"

Rick Stevens ricks at nerd.com
Wed Jul 13 21:18:49 UTC 2011

On 07/13/2011 12:33 PM, redhat wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Jul 2011, Rick Stevens wrote:
>

>> Also do not reply to a thread and then change the subject to try to
>> create a new thread.  That doesn't work.  You must create a new thread
>> by creating a new message--not a reply.  Doing this sort of thing breaks
>> message threading in mail clients.
>>
>> The only time it's proper to change the subject of a thread is to make
>> it more descriptive such as "Solved:".
>
> That's odd.  I subscribe to a number of message lists on a number of
> subjects, and the issue is usually just the opposite -- that there is
> thread drift and nobody bothers to relabel the subject line
> appropriately.  On those lists, folk complain because people *don't*
> change the subject line...

What the OP did was entirely different, Billo.  Note what I stated in
my second paragraph.  Thread drift falls under that heading (make it
more descriptive) and yes, it's annoying when people don't adjust
things.

The OP replied to a message digest (sin #1) and tried to make it a new
thread (sin #2).  It's quite possible that the OP is a list newbie and
all I was trying to point out is that it's not acceptable to do that and
how to start new threads that are appropriate.
- Rick Stevens, Systems Engineer, C2 Hosting          ricks at nerd.com -
-  Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a  -
-                              rigged demo.                          -