[redhat-list-de] Re: Help needed abt linux installtion on flash

bhushan sonawanebhushan at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 05:49:35 UTC 2006

hello ,
 this is my grub.conf look like

# grub.conf generated by anaconda
#
# NOTICE:  You do not have a /boot partition.  This means that
#          all kernel and initrd paths are relative to /, eg.
#          root (hd0,0)
#          kernel /boot/vmlinuz-version ro root=/dev/hda3
#          initrd /boot/initrd-version.img
#boot=/dev/hda
default=0
timeout=10
splashimage=(hd0,0)/boot/grub/splash.xpm.gz
title Red Hat Linux (2.4.20-8)
        root (hd0,2)
        kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.4.20-8 ro root=LABEL=/
        initrd /boot/initrd-2.4.20-8.img

but when i connected this flash drive as secondary on another hard disk
& trying to excute following
grub > root(hd1,0)
  it will give Error 25: Disk read error
& i hv already check that hd1 is my flash in bios setup
plz help me

-regurds
bhushan

On 8/24/06, Johannes Walther <hannes at jw-b.de> wrote:
> bhushan schrieb:
> > hi all friends
>
> namaste Bushan,
>
> > i am installing redhat 9 on flash . i install grub boot loader on MBR.
> > but after installtion it is saying  "boot device is not proper select
> > proper boot device & restart"
> >  help me
>
> OK, let us know, what is in your grub.conf
>
> /dev/sda1 is the usb-flash disc at boot-time?
>
> Hannes

            bhushan. E . Sonawane