What Linux apps offer the best M$ Office Compatability?

OK,

I am slowly making the move away form M$ and permanently to linux but I need
software that is compatible with all my existing files created on my win box.
Can some one tell me what linux apps, if any are compatable with the following
winblows apps?? And which one's are better than the others?

M$ Word and Excel
Adobe Pagemaker
Adobe Illustrator

TIA