Canon printers

My husband and I are looking at purchasing a new printer, as our Epson
Color 500 seems to have died. We had a Canon 610 about 2 years ago that
we really liked, but couldn't get working with Linux so we traded it for
the Epson. Looking now for a new printer, we're looking once more at the
Canons, because of the individual colour tanks.

The printer we've found that seems to fit what we want is the Canon
BJC-6000. It has 4-6 separate colour tanks (3 colour, 1 black or 3 photo
colour) which makes it far more flexible to replace colours when only one
runs out. However, it isn't listed on any of the hardware compatibility
lists. We've searched the web from stem to stern to find *anything* that
would indicate that this printer is usable from Linux. Has anyone *used*
this printer with Linux? Would one of the other Canon drivers in
ghostscript work? We'd like to have some clue before we go out and buy.

Thanks.
Amanda Owens