multiple mail servers for a domain?

Is there a way to set it up so that I have multiple mail servers handling
the e-mail for a domain?  For example, I want all of the mail for my main
site to go through the main site but I want to setup a second mail server
just for handling mailling lists.  I setup the second server and called it
lists.atfantasy.com but when I try to send mail to it, I get an error
message about relaying.  I added lists.atfantasy.com to the
/etc/mail/relay-domains file but that doesn't work either.  The e-mail
started getting queued and it would just sit there.  Any ideas?

-Ed