Re: Why does modifying /etc/rc.d have to so complex

Danny wrote:
> Assuming I want to install sys progs without the RPMS I was wonder why the
> developers of RH have made modifying etc/rc.d so complex.
>
> Whereas in BSD you have to only create a file called sysprogs.sh to start the
> program up.

It uses the System V method.  It's complex, but it has its advantages.

Keep in mind that you can always just throw them into /etc/rc.d/rc.local
and you'll get the same effect as using sysprogs.sh, only it will run after
all the other stuff in the rc.d directory has run.

-W-
Aber, Herr Max - die Dame war hier im Zimmer, und da war
das Fenster, und wenn sie aus dem Fenster geschaut hätte...