Equal Cost Multipath

(First post, new subscriber, dont shoot!)

Can someone point me to a good document on equal cost multipath routing?
I have a game server with three NIC's in it, but even though I have
different games on each IP on each NIC, everything defaults out the first
NIC (eth0).  The current Ethernet HOWTO says basically "coming soon!".  Is
this feature enabled by default in the RedHat kernel?  Everything thing on
Usenet states I need to "recompile the kernel" to enable this.

Thanks for any help,

-Ken