RE: burn CD in Redhat

look around for the xcdroast homepage, then grab the latest stable version.
I recommend that program very highly.

if you have an IDE cdrom writer, you will have to enable scsi emulation
(kernel recompile) which is a whole other story, but IIRC, that was the
hardest thing I had to do when I set mine up, and in retrospect it wasnt
bad....

good luck
jon