Re: xterm problem with ATI Xpert 128 (Rage 128) and Xfree86 3.3.6

As this was my first ATI with XFree86 4.0 I made a few mistakes (should
have read the documentation for once!!)  I learned what NOT to do
:hehehe:

Anyway, the Xpert 98 AGP card I am told (by ATI) is the same chipset as
the Rage Fury.  Works pretty good in Windoze (sorry to say) but under
linux you want to use the r128 drivers.  Also I just downloaded the
glide driver *for linux* from the 3Dfx ftp site.  Will be installing it
today.  Crossing my fingers...

I don't think the Mach64 will work with the Xpert card (Haven't tried it
though).  And I didn't see an SVGA driver for 4.0 (did I miss it??).

You can look under lib/modules/drivers.  You should see the drivers
available.  For example the r128_driver.o file is referenced in your
config file as r128.  (hope I didn't confuse you with all that).

Frank