Create linux partitions from DOS

Hi all!

I've got an image of a partition (made with the dd command) that I want
to put on a system with DOS/Windows 3.1. This system has no floppy,
cdrom, nor network card, and it's got only one hard disk of 72 MB. I
connect a zip drive to it to get the image file, but before doing so,
I'd need to create the linux partition to copy the image to (or not? is
it ok to just overwrite the DOS partition?).

So, my question is, how can I create a linux partition being in DOS. Is
there any software available for this? or is there a better way to do
what I want?

Thanks very much for your help