Re: Can't boot linux...kernal panic

		Hi Rob,

> EXT-fs error (deviece ide0 (3,70)):ext2_check_descriptors: Block bitmap for
> group p16 not in group (block 0)!
> EXT-fs group descriptors corrupted!
> Kernal panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 03:46

 This sounds like your disk is seriously corrupted. May I presume this is an
old hard disk with bad sectors on it? The block bitmap is used to identify
used and free blocks and it seems to be bad.
 What I do not understand is that the corrupted device seems to be /dev/hdb6
(3,70), but the root mount fails on /dev/ttyre(03:46)??? Very weird...
 Maybe somebody else can help out here?

				Bye,

				Leonard.