Re: Gnome and Multihead

On Tue, Aug 22, 2000 at 08:59:08AM -0400, Kevin Wood wrote:
: Hey crew, a question for you.
:
: I have now become a self declared XF86Config hacker (Yuck!) and gotten a
: machine with RH6.9.5(RH7.0 Beta) running an AGP Voodoo3 16MB and a PCI
: Voodoo3 16MB Card running X one both windows.  I got them to the correct
: resolutions and all!  The problem I am having is that I need to get
: gnome to either spawn another window on the other screen or do something
: with the other screen.  Currently I only have X on the right screen and
: Grey Mesh on the Left Screen.  Anybody been able to do anything with a
: similar config?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

Rather than running two X servers, why not run Xinerama and have
one larger display?  That is, unless you've got a specific requirements
for a :0 and a :1 display...

http://www.xfree86.org/4.0.1/RELNOTES3.html#13

--
Jason Costomiris <><           |  Technologist, geek, human.