RE: Mylex AcceleRAID 352 Ultra160 Hardware RAID Card - Root RAID installation?

You had the same idea I did.  Unfortunately, I'm getting errors.

> Install RH6.2 on another box, shove the new driver in and
> rebuid the module.

done.

> After rebuilding the module, replace the driver on the boot
> floppy with
> your shiny new module.  Now install your new box..

I'm stuck here.

How do I "replace the driver on the boot floppy with your shiny new module"?
The boot floppy doesn't have any mylex drivers--they are on the CDROM.
RedHat uses driver diskettes to load additional drivers--unfortunately they
only have ICP Vortex drivers and no mylex drivers.

No problem, I'll just make my own driver diskette.  So I make the gdth disk,
then modify it for the mylex.  But the driver is in modules.cgz format.
What is .cgz?  So I guess by just gzipping the DAC960.o file and renaming it
to modules.cgz (overwriting the old modules.cgz).  And after putting a few
things in modinfo and pcitable, the driver disk doesnt' work.  When I get to
"inserting DAC960.o", it says something like "error:  header read Success".

What I really need to know is how to create a driver diskette.

Thanks for any help.

Dan Browning
Network Administrator
Cyclone Computer Systems