Re: [OT] Cascaded eth hubs

Tom,

Thanks for your information. Much appreciated.

50 - 100 meters !?!?! Do you, or anyone else, have first hand experience
using that long cables for uplinks?

The two manuals I've read from my two hubs (Micronet & Linksys) both
talk about 5 meter.

Best regards
Gustav

Tom Minchin wrote:
<snip>
> > I've learnt that there is a maximum length of about five meters for an
> > uplink cable.
> >
> > - Is there any way to (by adding some equipment?) lengthen this
> > distance?
> >

> Should be right for 50-100 metres.

<snip>

--
pgp = Pretty Good Privacy. To get my public pgp key, send an e-mail to:
pgpkey schaffter com

Visit my web site at http://www.schaffter.com