Re: 7.0 "upgrade" pbs ...

I ran into this problem yesterday.  If your .config file is worth saving, rename
it and then do a "make mrproper", which will erase all relics of past compiles
from the source tree as well as any user-entered configuration information.  Then
do a "make [x|menu]config" and re-load your .config file from wherever you
stashed it.

Apparently the sources as packaged by Red Hat had been used to make an SMP kernel
before they were shipped.  Oops.

As for the /usr/include problem, I didn't run into it myself, and I've installed
RH7 on at least three machines now, all of them worked fine out of the box, so
I'm not sure what might have caused this.

Good luck,
-m