Re: modem not found

There is a Pnp Howto out there, which I think is very helpful. I have an
ISA internal and I was able to get it work following that howto.

Basically, you need to choose "non plug and play OS" in the BIOS. Then the
BIOS will configure the serial port for you, instead of leaving it to the
OS. Then when you start redhat, try to use "setserial /dev/ttyS?" to
figure out whether the modem port is detected.

My internal ISA modem works both in Linux and Solaris 7.