Re: OT: Design Question: Storing web pages in a database.

Although there are certainly benefits to doing this, I'd say make sure you
have a good reason for doing so, otherwise it's a lot of complexity for
little gain.

Perhaps if you explained what you are doing it a bit more detail we can
comment more. For just creating pages from multiple pieces, php alone
would do the trick.

On Sun, 13 Feb 2000, Jason Costomiris wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 13, 2000 at 12:08:34AM -0800, Ed Lazor wrote:
> : Has anyone done this?  (or is this considered a bad thing?)
>
> Done it before, would probably do it again.  Not a bad thing at all,
> at least from the standpoint of maintaining the site.  You don't have to
> deal with lots of files.  Particularly useful when you've got a site with
> several hundred pages.

Yes, but now updating the pages is harder than if they are on disk! Just a
counter point.

charles