Re: apmd

On Fri, Feb 18, 2000 at 12:58:32PM -0600, Jeffrey Ely wrote:

> Using redhat 6.1 on my desktop computer, apmd is powring down my
> monitor.  I like this, but I would like to adjust the time
> delay before power down.  I have set the delay to be 30 minutes
> in the BIOS, but this has no effect.  apmd shuts down the
> monitor with the message
>
> apmd[337]: system suspend
>
> after about 5 mintues.  How do I adjust this setting?

It looks like apmd is not just powering down your monitor but is
suspending your whole system. I can't see why you would want this for
a desktop machine. To set the timeout for energy saving display
features in X, set the power_saver option and the associated timeout
values. See man XF86Config. In console mode, see man setterm.

--
Ron Golan
rgolan coalabs com