proftpd and group permissions

Hi,

I have setup user 'bob' to be in the group 'testgroup' and I have set
permissions on a certain directory (/home/httpd/html/testing) to be
writeable by 'testgroup'. User 'bob' can ssh/telnet/rlogin in and
delete/modify/put files in that directory just fine, but proftped will not
let him modify/delete/put any files in that directory. How do I make
proftpd realize group permissions?

Thankyou.