Gnome Crashes :(

Is Gnome consistent about crashes or is it me that is being too successful
in crashing it. I've found that when I'm logged in at root and I try to
use the gnome start bar, I get a core dump everytime. For instance I
wanted to use gedit, and it gave me a crash and said to consult gnome's
crash site. That's all fine and well, but I don't know how to read the
core dumps or make use of the site yet, so is it easier to just dump gnome
and go strictly commandline or try to get gnome to work or and a gui
interface?

So many questions and feeling like I'm trying to bottle a tornado. <g>

Thanks for the help.

Penny
Character is doing what's right when no one but God is looking.
Written Monday, February 28, 2000 - 1122 (MST)