Need help with multi-homed system

Hello everyone!
I've been given the great task of building and configuring a linux system to
do IP masquerading and mail forwarding to our exchange server. I've got two
network cards in my linux box with addresses on different networks and I'm
trying to set them up to forward packets to each other. On the one side,
I've got my LAN, on the other, I've got another linux box I'm using for
testing purposes to get sendmail to forward from one network to another. My
multi-homed system can ping anything on either subnet. My other linux system
can ping both network cards in the multi-homed system, but nothing beyond
that. Any other system on the LAN can ping both cards in the multi-homed
system, but not the linux system on the other subnet. I'm not sure how much
info any of you will need to help me with this and this is my first time
working with linux servers. If you have any ideas, or need more info, please
email me. I would be very grateful for any help.

Thanks
Anne