Re: SOLVED Re: RAID issues in 6.x

>> The key to the solution was applying the current RedHat RAID patch to the
>> kernel source.  This is maintained by Ingo at the following site:
>
>I wonder then, why you had a problem with upgrade via RPM? ...

This is a wild guess, but I think it has to do with the assumptions made by
whoever made the RedHat kernel RPMs.  I'm guessing here again, but I think
that the 6.2 kernel RPMs don't configure initrd properly.  And, if that's
the case, boot will halt promptly because it can't find the RAIDed /boot
partition.

Lee Howard