Re: Sendmail Question - VERY URGENT

14/6/00 5:38 AM, K.Deepak a écrit:

Hi all,

> I have setup a mail-server at my office. I am using RedHat Linux 5.2 for my
> mail-server with the sendmail version - sendmail-8.8.7-20.

This really isn't a cop-out, but I'd recommend upgrading to the latest
sendmail immediately.  Get RH 6.1 or 6.2 while you're at it.  For security's
sake if nothing else.

[snip]

> BUT THE PROBLEM IS WHENEVER MY SENDMAIL GETS  A UNKOWN ID IT CAN'T DISTRIBUTE
> THE  ( i.e,  WHEN SOMEBODY SENDS MAILS TO AN ID WHICH DOESN'T EXIST, OR
> MISPELLED ID ETC.........)  MAIL LOCALLY. FOR THE ID DOESN'T EXISTS!!!!!!
> AND HENCE MY FETCHMAIL TERMINATES .

Again, any newer version of sendmail that I've set up (yes, from 'scratch',
and running my own m4 compiled '.cf' file) already bounces unknown IDs and
copies postmaster.
--
Ed Marczak
marczak usa net