RE: How to disable ping echo?

If I am reading this correctly it turns off all icmp traffic.  I recall
reading the map page which describes how to turn off a "specific" icmp
packet (ping or pong or whatever).  There are a number of icmp messages
which can be sent and you can allow/deny any one (or more) of them.

Frank

Use ipchains:

/sbin/ipchains -A input -j DENY -i eth0 -p icmp -s 0.0.0.0/0 -d
0.0.0.0/0

Note that this not only blocks people from pinging you, but it stops you
from pinging others.
--
There is nothing wrong with
      WINDOWS 2000