Re: partition question

On Mon, 6 Mar 2000, Steven Rubenstein wrote:

> obviously you can determine the name, size, and
> location of hard disk partitions using fdisk.
>
> my question is, how can you do the same for an ide zip
> drive?  (i.e., how was i supposed to know to mount
> hdd4 instead of just "hdd")?

As I recall, the same way as a hard disk, ie "fdisk -l /dev/hdd" with a
disk in the drive. Note that the /dev/hdd4 partition is just a default,
formatted zip disk, you can repartition it with fdisk if you want to.

Bill Carlson
Systems Programmer    bill-carlson uiowa edu	|  Opinions are mine,
Virtual Hospital      http://www.vh.org/        |  not my employer's.
University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics	|