RE: Upgrading Xfree86

I'm also new to this but I got threw it. I've got the Rage Fury 128
also. Got mine going but it wasn't easy. I went to
ftp.rawhide.redhat.com to the i386 directory then to RedHat and
down to RPMS. Downloaded all of the XF*.rpms to my hard drive.
I then browsed to /var/tmp ( where I downloaded to ) and ran
rpm -i-v-h --replacefile --replacepkgs XF*.rpm. I then got some
dependincy errors but I just backed out and I reninstalled the files
that the dependencies referenced by reinstalling from the Redhat
6.1 rpms. There may have been one or two files that I needed to
get off of the ftp.rawhide.redhat.com site other than the XF*.rpm's. If
the rpm install references a file thats missing just go get that rpm
that the file is in and install. Just a word of caution. If you have a
working Linux setup with important files then you probably want to
backup your setup. I was playing ( i.e. starting from scratch ) so I
didn't have anything to loose.
I ran XF86Setup after I got past all of the RPM install errors. Works
like a charm.

wayne

Subject:        	Upgrading Xfree86