Re: Do you use ntp to set your time?

>why not just use the xntp3 rpm? initd scripts and all.  Is there a
>problem with the package?

When I was on the ntp.org web site, the xntpd program hasn't been updated
since 1998.  I saw the xntpd program listed in the install, but never saw it
get installed to operate.  I did check the package during install, yet there
is nothing in init.d to start it.  Plus, with the source not being updated
in a couple of years, I've stayed with ntpd.

Is there two different xntpd programs?

MB
--
e-mail: vidiot vidiot com
    Bart: Hey, why is it destroying other toys?  Lisa: They must have