Re: Printer / X windows conflict

Tony

from your 'rant' page, I see you have a HP Deskjet 520. (it would be best
to mention this when asking for help BTW).

Perhaps someone else with this printer can sen you their printcap file?

Yes it sucks you can't run printtoll without X. I can't offer any specific
advice there, other than to choose a generic VGA monitor settign and
*only* 640x480 to get a basic X session working (so you can use printtool)

Oh, and there should be updated X rpms all over the place. Have you tried
updates.redhat.com?

charles

On Mon, 27 Mar 2000, Tony Pearson wrote:

> Friends,
> I need help.
>
> I'm in a catch-22.  Currently, I have recently installed Red Hat 6.1, but
> am using command line mode only, and without printer support.  I can't
> seem to configure my printer without X, and I can't configure my X during
> the install from the CD-rom because it doesn't have the latest drivers
> required for my video card.
<snip>