No Socket Error

Hi, does anyone know what causes the following error when using Microsoft
Outlook express reading mail from a Redhat Linux 6.0 server, and how I can
resolve it?

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.pharma.co.za',
Server: 'mail.pharma.co.za', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No,
Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

It has been happening on and off for the last year, and I figured I need to
do something about it.

Regards
Enrico