[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]

Re: LILO problems



Hallo Mikkel,

> A copy of your /etc/lilo.conf file would be useful.  Also, I am not sure what
> you mean when you say "copied the bootsector to my /dev/sda3".  Did you have
> LILO install itself to your Linux partition, and use dd to copy it to a file
> that you  copied to your NT partition?

That's exactly what I've done. I have a /dev/sda3 primary which is FAT16. Linux
resides on /dev/sda5 extended. I started LILO and then I did a dd and copied
the /devsda5 sector? to my FAT16 boot partition. This always worked that way
without any problems.

Here's the current /etc/liklo.conf


#This file has been generated by KLILO
boot=/dev/sda5
read-only
prompt
timeout=0
vga=ext
 
image=/boot/vmlinuz
root=/dev/sda5
label=linux-up
append=""
 
image=/boot/vmlinuz-secure
root=/dev/sda5
label=linux
append="" 
 
>  http://metalab.unc.edu/Linux/HOWTO/mini/Linux+NT-Loader.html
 
That's the way I did it.

> The error you are getting makes me suspect that you are using your old
> bootsect.lnx file, but I am not an expert in using NT's boot loader.

No, the bootsect.lnx is new and updated.
As I said it worked before, after installing a new system it does not work,
even with running lilo several times and dd the bootsector afterwards.
I only get LI.


[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]