Redfox Aladdin (Ali Chipset 100Mhz) Motherboard compatability

Greetings everyone.  I have been an on an off reader of this list for
quite a while now.  Just this past week I purchased the Redfox Aladdin-V
motherboard with a AMD K6-2 500.  I have it up and running in WIN 95
(yuck) but would like to switch the machine over to Redhat 6.2.  In the
Redhat compatibility list there was no mention of compat. issues with
this motherboard (although I think that list could use some better
organization) but when I try to install RH6.2 it locks up when it is
detecting the ide interface.  It just comes up with the info on the
drives, then the line about the ide interface on irq 14 and stops dead.
    Does anyone know if this is a known compat. problem, or is it just
my specific motherboard.  Is there a BIOS upgrade that would help?
    I'm looking forward to your replies.  I would be nice to upgrade
from my p233mmx.

BTW.  Since it is Super Socket 7 I did try the p233MMX in it to see if
the problem was with the processor.  The exact same thing happened.

Jim