Re: ipchains-setting web server access

Hyung Kim wrote:

> I'm trying to get ipchains to do what should be a very
> simple thing, however, I am stuck.  I've read the
> HOW-TO and I must be missing something basic.
>
> I'm using ipchains 1.3.9 and the policy for "input" is
> set to DENY.

What about the output rules?  Try setting all rules with the -l flag to
log all the filtered packets to /var/log/messages.
If you are surfing from the firewall machine you only have to worry about
the input and output rules.  If from a machine behind the firewall the
forwarding rules will come into play as well.

You might try Gordan's firewall script.  I have not yet but intend to. and
he was asking for input on the ease of setup.

Bret