Re: [Re: Failed RH6.2 Install]

On Fri, Nov 17, 2000 at 08:00:04AM -0800, Steve Medley wrote:

> > Which type of install are you using? GUI or text?
>
> The default GUI.
>
>  If GUI, the first
> > thing I'd try would be text install.
>
> how do you do this ?

It actually explains how to start the text one on the first screen you
get when you boot from CD or boot floppy. I think instead of simply
pressing return you have to type "linux text" and then press return, but
check the info screen.

[...]
> Unfortunatelythe keyboard is completely locked.

Sounds - to me - as if X locks up. In that case you should definitely
try the text based install.

HTH,

Thomas
--
             "Look, Ma, no obsolete quotes and plain text only!"

     Thomas Ribbrock | http://www.bigfoot.com/~kaytan | ICQ#: 15839919