fetchmail segfaults

Fetchmail puked on a letter that I assume had too many email tos in the
header.  Should I worry about this and send it in as a bug?  I spent
over an hour trying to find a pop client that I could configure taht
would actually delete ^#$! ^% messages from the server at my isp.

Here is the output from fetchmail -va

fetchmail: POP3> RETR 3
fetchmail: POP3< +OK 74996 octets
reading message 3 of 293 (74996 octets)
fetchmail: SMTP> MAIL FROM:<not telling com> SIZE=74996
fetchmail: SMTP< 250 <not telling com>... Sender ok
fetchmail: SMTP> RCPT TO:<bhughes localhost>
fetchmail: SMTP< 250 <bhughes localhost>... Recipient ok
fetchmail: SMTP> DATA
fetchmail: SMTP< 354 Enter mail, end with "." on a line by itself
#**************fetchmail: SMTP>. (EOM)
fetchmail: SMTP< 552 Headers too large (32768 max)
fetchmail: SMTP> RSET
fetchmail: SMTP< 250 Reset state
fetchmail: SMTP error: 250 Reset state
fetchmail: SMTP< 220 mailserver.elevating.com ESMTP Sendmail
8.9.3/8.8.7; Wed, 22 Nov 2000 14:39:05 -0600
fetchmail: SMTP> HELO localhost
fetchmail: SMTP< 250 mailserver.elevating.com Hello
IDENT:bhughes localhost [127.0.0.1], pleased to meet you
fetchmail: SMTP> MAIL FROM:<FETCHMAIL-DAEMON localhost>
fetchmail: SMTP< 250 <FETCHMAIL-DAEMON localhost>... Sender ok
fetchmail: SMTP> RCPT TO:<not telling com>
fetchmail: SMTP< 250 <not telling com>... Recipient ok
fetchmail: SMTP> DATA
fetchmail: SMTP< 354 Enter mail, end with "." on a line by itself
fetchmail: SMTP: (bounce-message body)
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

When I was finally able to view this message there was a whole sh*tload
of email addresses in the to field.  The sender had been hit by an I
love you virus and he sent a note, I guess to everyone, to not open his

One good thing is I finally had a reason to use mutt.  I use netscape
against our internal imap server and use fetchmail to feed my account on
the mailserver.

anyone ever had this happen?

I had a simalr thing happen about six mos. ago when there was a message
with a couple of . on lines by themselves one right after another.  Pain
in the ass.

Bret