Re: Comparison: AIX - RH

Argghh.   AIX has in its underpinnings a BSD heritage, but for the most
part that is well masked.  The kernel is still BSD for the most part.  But
the OS is quite different from any other *NIX flavor.  I tell Sysadmins
who work for me that the only way to administer AIX is to remember SMIT,
IBM's interface tool.  Things are just done so differently; one way to
learn commands is to use SMIT and then ask it the command line equivalent.

- rick warner