Re: add footer to multiple files

On Thu, Oct 12, 2000 at 08:56:49PM +0600, redhat col7 metta lk wrote:

Hi Marco, charles, ken & Anthony.

Thank you for the help on my footer. It now works in text mode.
The next problem I have to solve is to get it to work in html.

I see it like this:
1 find value of boundry=" "
               in this case ----=_NextPart_000_0120_01C033AD.8D13AE90
   if "boundry=" is found
   then proceed to 2
   otherwise go to 10
2 load value of boundry into a buffer " buf "
3 find " buf "
4 find " buf "
5 insert "message1" before " buf "
6 find </BODY></HTML>
7 insert "message2" before </BODY></HTML>

10 insert "message1"
end

I would much appreciate to have a bit of help
on how to formulate this in bash or perl
or something like that for my 6.0 Redhat
I used to write this sort of thing in "asm"
but never managed to learn C++

Thanks
Jacob
Sri Lanka
This is a sample of an actual mail message.
Thought someof you might be interested in this, if you havn't heard =
already. Microsoft has released 2 security patches yesterday and today =
that fix security problems in Windows 95-Millennium.
One of these is only a possible problem if you have the IPX protocol =
installed, which on 98+ is not installed by default. If IPX is installed =
check out this page
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms00-073.asp
The other is only a problem if you have File and Printer Sharing on. The =
document on this is at
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms00-072.asp
The Win95 patch on this one doesn't seem to be ready yet.
If any of you use File or Print sharing and/or have the IPX protocol =
installed, you might want to consider patching your system.

*******************READ|READ*******************
message 1 begin
message 1 end
*******************READ^READ*******************
------=_NextPart_000_0120_01C033AD.8D13AE90
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms00-072.asp
The Win95 patch on this one doesn't seem to be ready yet.
If any of you use File or Print sharing and/or have the IPX protocol =
installed, you might want to consider patching your system.

*******************READ|READ*******************
message 1 begin
message 1 end
*******************READ^READ*******************
------=_NextPart_000_0120_01C033AD.8D13AE90
<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thought someof you might be interested =
in this, if=20
you havn't heard already. Microsoft has released 2 security patches =
yesterday=20
and today that fix security problems in Windows =
95-Millennium.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>One of these is only a possible problem =
if you have=20
the IPX protocol installed, which on 98+ is not installed by default. If =
IPX is=20
installed check out this page</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms00-073.asp";>=
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms00-073.asp</A></FONT=
></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The other is only a problem if you have =
File and=20
Printer Sharing on. The document on this is at</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms00-072.asp";>=
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms00-072.asp</A></FONT=
></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The Win95 patch on this one doesn't =
seem to be=20
ready yet.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>If any of you use File or Print sharing =
and/or have=20
the IPX protocol installed, you might want to consider patching your=20
system.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
message 1 begin
message 1 end