-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-list-admin redhat com
[mailto:redhat-list-admin redhat com]On Behalf Of Mikkel L. Ellertson
Sent: Friday, October 13, 2000 12:10 PM
To: RedHat general mailling list
Subject: Re: Not all memory being recognized

On Fri, 13 Oct 2000, Drew Hunt wrote:

> I am running a k6-2 with 128M RAM.  RH6.2 only recognizes 64M, though.
>
> Here's the output of "free":
>
> [pi ryoko pi]$ free
> Mem:         64080      62636       1444      13180      40836       7220
> -/+ buffers/cache:      14580      49500
> Swap:        68504       1856      66648
>
>  How do I get it to see the full amount of memory so there will be more
RAM
> for services and it won't be using swap all the time?
>
> Thanks,
> Drew

You might want to read the bootprompt HOWTO.  But the short answer is to
add append="mem=128M" to your lilo.conf file, run lilo, and reboot.  This
is one of the few cases where you have to reboot for the change to take
effect.  Here is what my entry looks like, to give you a better idea.

image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.2.16-3
        label=linux
        read-only
        root=/dev/hda9