inetd vs. xinetd

I have read from this list the change that has been done re: this file.  i
have installed the default server for RedHat 7.0 and can only find the
directory /etc/xinetd.d, and the only entry within this directory is a file
named 'linuxconf-web'.

after reading 'A Guide to the Inet Daemon'  by Eric Warmenhoven (off of the
linux.com web site), i can see that this file controls permissions to
offered services.  my question is then, what do i have to install to enable
the use of this daemon?

thanks,

Paul Garcia