Re: dd = destroy data?

> My $.02 here. 1.) You may fdisk your drive and reformat all of it as
> FAT32. 2.) If you can find the manual of your hard disks, there is
> almost always a way of wiping them out electronically (either
> shortcircuiting an IC or applying power with a jumper switch).
>
> -Manuel.
Short circuiting an IC will not wipe the disk but rather disable the user
from accessing it but if it is very confidential then falls to the
knowledgeable hands that can access a burnt HD then you have problem.  Best
to actually erase the disk.  Otherwise use a sledgehammer to smash the
platters.

CH