Re: stupid linux tricks??

This will work to make a new fortune periodically(What, every minute?), but to have a new fortune on every login, you just call /usr/games/fortune in the /etc/profile(or maybe the /etc/bashrc).

If you just want to do it for individual users, put the fortune call in their ~/.bashrc or ~/.bash_profile.