Re: Can't umount a mounted file

On Fri, 1 Sep 2000, Glen Lee Edwards wrote:

> I have a LAN file system mounted on 6.1 from a Win95 PC through Samba.
> Problem is, according to mount it isn't mounted.  I can access the files
> on the Win95 PC and add or delete files with no problem.  How do I umount
> it?  Is there a manual override somewhere?
>
> Glen

maybe you use smbunmount to unmount it rather than unmount?

if not then I don't know if this is the correct way to do it, but it
should work :)

you'll probably find that there isn't an entry for the mount in /etc/mtab
which is where umount looks to find information about the mount. you
should be able to fudge an entry in there (eg: copy it out of your
/etc/fstab) and then run unmount. it should be able to find it now.