Securing FTP/Telnet

I've turned off FTP and Telnet access to my linux server by commenting
out the following lines in inetd.conf:

# ftp   stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/sbin/tcpd  in.ftpd -l -a
# ftp   stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/bin/ftpd -L -a
# telnet        stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/sbin/tcpd
in.telnetd

Also, I've set up my box to only allow certain IP addresses to telnet or
FTP by adding the following to my hosts.allow:

in.telnetd:192.168.2.2, 192.168.2.3, 192.168.2.6

and hosts.deny:

in.telnetd:ALL

So, the way the system is currently set up, only 3 machines on the
internal network can telnet or FTP to the server.  Telnet and FTP have
been disabled, but ssh connections are currently working.

I now have external users who need to access FTP and telnet services on
the server (i.e., people from various locations with dynamic IP
addresses).  I need to ensure that both telnet and FTP are done only
through ssh2.  Is there a document that will walk me through
implementing this, or can anyone give me a quick run through of what I
need to do?

Thanks!
--
Steve